GRO is looking for a full-scope remodeling and custom construction Project Manager!
We are looking for a one-of-a-kind Project Manager to manage projects ranging from:
- Interior/exterior remodels
- Outdoor structures including covered areas, guest houses, shops and outdoor kitchens
- Pools, hot tubs and pool houses
- Sport courts
- Patios, porches and decks
If you’re looking for a destination company where you can take your career to the next level, apply today and we’ll give you the opportunity to excel and the support you need.
No company is great because of one individual. It takes an entire team together to create something amazing. We work hard, we create and we are passionate.
Extraordinary people care about others, desire to go above and beyond, are passionate about doing the right thing, and want to be bold and we are looking for extraordinary people.
Ideal fit for GRO:
- 10+ years of construction trade experience.
- 5+ years as a Construction Superintendent or in construction management.
- Minimum of 2+ years residential estimating experience.
- Knowledge of acceptable construction site practices including safety and health regulations.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and regulations.
Why Join GRO?
- Recognized as a 2022, 2021 and 2018 Oregonian Top Workplace
- Six-time recipient of the Vancouver Business Journal Best in Business
- Eight-time honoree of the People’s Choice Award for Landscaping
- Winner of the 2019 Building Excellence Award
- Winner of the 2018 People’s Choice, Realtor’s Choice and Professional’s Choice for Best Landscaping for Street of Dreams
- Supporter of the Clark County Food Bank, Salvation Army and Home with Heroes
- Recipient of the 2018 National Association of Landscape Professional’s Gold Award
- Competitive wage
- Profit sharing
- 401(k) with generous match
- Paid time-off (PTO)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short-Term disability
- Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance
- Company provided vehicle, cell phone, laptop and apparel
- Company team building events
- In-office snacks
- Supervise subcontractors and ensure jobs are managed within required timeframes and scope, while meeting quality standards established by Company.
- Accomplish project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculate resources required; establish standards and protocols; allocate resources; schedule and coordinate sub-contractors; evaluate milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolve design problems; evaluate and implement change orders.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Procure materials and coordinate delivery as necessary.
- Assist with estimating potential projects.
- Coordinate required inspections with local buildings departments.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within division.
- Work with sales/account management to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
- Meet or exceed project budget by monitoring project expenditures; identify variances; and implement corrective actions.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to subcontractors and customers.
- Resolve and understand discrepancies in the budget by collecting and analyzing information.
- Update job reports including work progress, costs and scheduling updates.
- Develop strategy to ensure company profitability, along with ways to supplement revenue.
- Work with Marketing on campaigns to generate more business.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; comply with legal regulations.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Proactively develop relationships with the subcontractor community.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
GRO is strongly committed to equal employment opportunity in all of its employment practices. Managers and supervisors are required to recruit, employ, train, transfer, promote, pay, discipline, layoff and discharge from employment employees solely on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and/or according to the standards and policies outlined in our employee handbook, and related policies. Decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship are made without regard to an employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender presentation, political affiliation, or any other status or characteristics protected under any applicable federal or state law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Construction management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Spanish and English (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations